Charleston Heights High School is the public high school for students aged 14-18 in the Charleston Heights School District located in the small town of Charleston Heights, Pennsylvania where most of the teenagers in the teen drama Charleston Heights attend school. Their school colors are Gold and Blue, their mascot is the Patriots and their main school sport is Soccer.
Charleston Heights High School is an accredited public high school by most secondary institutions. Below is a list of the different academic departments in the school, and the respective department heads.
- English Department - Maria Dodds
- Foreign Languages Department - Kumiko Nakamura (Japanese), Ronald Brunner (Latin) & Kelsey Alexander (French)
- Science Department - Hades Jackson
- Mathematics Department - Ken Goldsworthy
- History/Geography Department - Amelia Sterling
- The Arts Department - Jack Redmond
- Business/Technology Studies Department - Steven McNamara
- Family Studies Department - Laura Clark
Charleston Heights High's academic day is on block scheduling. Students participate in 75 minute classes which results in 8 credits per year (4 for the 1st semester and 4 in the 2nd semester) plus a 35 minute lunch period and a 20 minute study hall period in between third and fourth period classes which in that time have free time to catch up on coursework, meet up for clubs and so on.
2008 - 94%
2007 - 92%
2006 - 91%
By Pennsylvania law, all K-12 students who reside in the district, including those who attend a private school, [cyber] charter school, and/or homeschooled, are eligible to participate in the extracurricular programs including all athletics.
Charleston Heights High has a wide varieties of extra curricular activities such as Student Council, Enviornment Club, Dance Team, Chess Club, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Gymnastics Club, Yearbook Commitee, Choir, Drama Club, Newspaper Team, Debate Team and Photography Club.
Charleston Heights High has the following funded sports teams:
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
A Look Inside the School
- Jacob "Poseidon" Jackson, Class of 1989. lawyer and D.A. in the Law system in the township of Charleston Heights. Husband to Sally Jackson and father of Percy Jackson, a student at Charleston Heights High School.
- Jeremy "Zeus" Jackson, Class of 1985. The current high school's principal and former baseball player
- Sally Jackson (nee Baker), Class of 1986. Wife of township lawyer and D.A. Poseidon Jackson and mother of Percy Jackson, a student at Charleston Heights High School
- Dominique Roberts, Class of 1994.
- May Castellan, Class of 1985. Mother of Luke Castellan, a student at Charleston Heights High School
- Denise Hall, Class of 1991. Mother of Courtney Hall, a student at Charleston Heights High School
- Richard "Hermes" Castellan, Class of 1984, Father of Luke Castellan & Courtney Hall, students at Charleston Heights High School and Real Estate Broker.
Locations of Charleston Heights
|Around Charleston Heights (residential)|
|Jackson House | Montgomery Mansion | Castellan-Hall House | Di Angelo House | Chase House | Underwood House | Slater Mansion | Zeus’ Downtown Apartment Complex|
|Around Charleston Heights (community)|
|Charleston Heights High School | Starbucks | Wal-Mart|
|Outside Charleston Heights|